What are the major changes between V4 and V5?
V5 adds support for the following new features and makes standard some features that were previously available in V4 plugins:
- Supports Oracle and MySQL versions of Prism for Mobile Inventory.
- New Mobile Inventory features:
- V9 and Prism Mobile Inventory plugins.
- Search and count against ASNs (on iOS, Android coming soon)
- New Mobile POS features:
- Gift Receipts.
- Cayan Store and Forward
- New Mobile Manager features:
- Shared connection settings
- Built with .NET 4.8 and TLS 1.2
- Dropped support for Windows XP, Vista, Server 2008
Does upgrading to V5 cost anything?
Current users of V4 may upgrade for free. V3 and earlier licenses, however, cannot be upgraded.
Do I need a new license to use V5?
V4 licenses will automatically work with V5. V3 and earlier licenses are not compatible.
Are V5 license subscriptions priced differently than V4?
No. V5 licenses subscriptions are priced the same as V4.
What’s happening with V4? Can I still use it?
As of Dec 31, 2020, V4 will no longer be supported or maintained. Users may continue using V4 as long as they wish, but are recommended to upgrade to V5 to ensure continuous access to updates, fixes and new features.
What about the Retail Mobile Inventory app for Windows Mobile and CE devices?
Microsoft has formally discontinued the following products:
- Windows Mobile OS and all variants
- Windows CE OS and all variants
- Windows Mobile Device Center formerly known as Active Sync
As a result, users are urgently recommended to migrate to the iOS and Android versions of Retail Mobile Inventory as soon as possible.
Note that versions of Retail Mobile Suite V5 released after Dec 31, 2020 no longer provide the Retail Mobile Inventory installer for unsupported operating systems.
To assist with migration, users may still obtain and install the most recent version of Retail Mobile Inventory for Windows Mobile/CE as follows:
- Download https://foundrylogic.com/rmi.cab to the device directly or to a computer, then copy the to the device.
- On the device, open File Explorer, locate and execute rmi.cab.
- If prompted to choose a location, select the default location, which is usually called ‘Device’. Installing to other locations (such as a storage card, ram disk, or IPSM) can lead to unpredictable results.